Meido Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rexy's Tips and Tricks

3 posters

Go down

Rexy's Tips and Tricks Empty Rexy's Tips and Tricks

Post by Rexy Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

As Sugar knows, I like to develop little tricks to help myself out. Here's the ones I have so far.

Trick #1: Ice wall; your new best friend. (alternative title: Throw that vitata card away!)
I hate healing gloves/clips/accessories. They're a waste of time and sp (not an issue on warlocks anywho, but still). Drain life is a good option to regain hp fast, but if the monster doesn't die, you may take more damage than you get in return. Solution? Ice wall! It's a low level skill learned by wizards and it also doesn't complain or fight back when you abuse it! The technique involves draining the life out of your ice walls instead of monsters to heal yourself rapidly. Fully buffed with recognized spell and amplify magic, I can get about 4000ish from each drain life. Ice wall does not work in ET however.

Tip #2: Swatting annoying mobs
So as anyone can tell you, the worst part about Payon dungeons 5 other than the annoying KSers and monotony are the aggressive mobs. Ninetails and horongs are particularly bothersome little buggers. Using two siroma carded accessories (I chose earrings to maximize damage output) can decrease your cast time and improve damage of cold bolt, effectively snuffing those annoyances out. It makes Payon a little more tolerable.

Trick #3: Fighting the addiction of being a freakin' alcoholic (Sugar, this one is directed at you :3)
I hate farming alcohol. I hate farming for the materials to make it. I hate paying other players for it. Camping mushrooms is boring and inefficient. Horongs drop it at a meager rate. And stem and poison spore farming is just plain boring and a waste of my time. But I'm addicted to that substance college students like to use. It has many uses in alchemy and in cooking, but requires large quantities. Enter Rexy! Based on some simple observations, I've decided the best way to farm alcohol quickly is to grow your own crop of mushrooms. By using the alchemist skill plant cultivation, you have a 50% chance of success of cultivating a mushroom; 50% chance it will be black. However, if you set your autoloot to 100%, you'll notice that there is a 100% chance of getting two mushroom spores per mushroom. Statistically speaking, this should mean you can have an indefinitely self-propagating mushroom factory! Add on the fact that each mushroom also drops a poison spore, and you have one less ingredient to farm for your homemade alcohol! I like to use a secluded and lonely map (Jawaii for me) and grow boxes of mushrooms all at once. Then, switching to my warlock, I knock them all down with autoloot 100 and a well placed lord of vermillion. I get about 11-15 alcohol per rectangle and a whole lot of poison spores. It's fast and efficient, but the only problem is it becomes annoying to keep switching and it's boring to set up on your own. We should have a mushroom growing party sometime with my +900 mushroom spores :3

Dastardly device: Shut up and stay still!
No, I'm not talking about ADHD children. I hate KSers, but what's more is I hate jerks who go out of their way to irritate and antagonize you. For instance: a shadow chaser who thought it was funny to put a panic chaos trap in front of me when I was walking, minding my own business. This technique is something I would advise NOT doing; let the GMs handle the jerks I say, but if you're aching for some revenge and gratification immediately, you can do this at your own caution. White imprison is a warlock skill (as my main is a warlock) that enables you to trap your opponent, locking them from doing anything or moving anywhere. You can target players without a duel by holding down the shift button... It also does damage when the effect ends... once again, something funny you can think about doing, but I don't recommend it.
Rexy
Rexy

Back to top Go down

Rexy's Tips and Tricks Empty Re: Rexy's Tips and Tricks

Post by FelixFaust Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Huh, never expected to have a skill which works with Shift outside of duels.

Heh, you can also team up with a friend's Creator/Warlock to do trick three, and it just so happens that I have a Warlock with LoV. Very Happy
FelixFaust
FelixFaust

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirogamiko Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Mmm...you can also use Genetic's Hell's Plant for large aoe damage... if it takes about one second to lay one you'll have a full field of...11x11 aoe I think? laid out in 8 or so total seconds without needing to switch.

I really should get on this but I'm just so lazy~ Sleep
Shirogamiko
Shirogamiko
Admin

https://meidomadness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexy Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 pm

I don't have a genetic yet, so it requires me to switch. I have seen others using their genetic to do it too... I really should just go ahead and change up to genetic, but I've become a wee bit attached to my biochemist :/
Rexy
Rexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirogamiko Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Understandable, by the time I got to 99/70 with...practically all my trans chars except Makoto II (the magic one) since I already had my LK, I was hesitant because they'd grown on me even if I didn't love their sprites before... (though Kiseki didn't encourage repairing the HP period for priests for me, that was pretty much from ALL the HPs I've bothered, guilded, forced equips on, and/or leveled with over my time since joining.)

We should find a more efficient way to get together for stuff like this, Rexy. Maybe I should make an official meidomadness IRC #channel...
Shirogamiko
Shirogamiko
Admin

https://meidomadness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum